04 February 2010

last temptation of the recovering Catholic

Writing about guilt. How quickly the old Catholic credos return! Not since 16 have I attended mass, yet the words came easily: "I confess to Almighty God/and to you my brothers and sisters/that I have sinned through my own fault" et cetera. Poem began with "I should be wearing a wimple/instead of this velvet hat./No time for hairstyles/on my rush to the altar/of writing." Then visited The Last Temptation. Found a westsuit, a shower curtain, and a silk brocade handbag. Sweet absolution! http://www.banffthrift.com/

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Monmen by Monica Meneghetti is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.monicameneghetti.com.